ALA-lujah!


Today is an exciting day, book lovers!!  ALA announced award winners!  Woohoo!!!

A big, fat congratulations to Kate DiCamillo on her Newbery Medal for Flora & Ulysses!!!
 


And I am absolutely stoked for my friend, Molly Idle, whose amazing book, Flora & the Flamingo is a Caldecott Honor book!!  Congrats, Molly!!!  I am so very proud for you!  And friends, if you haven't read this adorable book, stop what you are doing and find a way to get a copy in your hands as soon as possible!!

Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park was named a Printz Honor book.  (And I think we all know how much I enjoyed this book!!)



Better Nate Than Never by Tim Federle was named an Odyssey Honor book.  Love this author!  And I absolutely melted at his tweet earlier today:


These are obviously just a handful of authors/books that I love.  I have followed the careers of these authors and am just so thrilled for each of them!  BUT, there are more amazing artists and more books that were honored.  For the complete (and wonderful) list, click HERE!

Labels: , , , , , , ,