NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers

NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers
published by Zonderkidz

I still feel a little awkward when I review a Bible!  This one is a Bible for kids, though, so I do feel a little more comfortable!

My sweet daughter has been asking for an Adventure Bible for a few months now.  All of her friends have one, apparently, and I'm the only horrible mother who bought another type of Bible for her girl.  (Sigh...I try, people...really, I do.)




The Blurb


Ready for Adventure?
The Adventure Bible® for Early Readers takes you on a fun, exciting journey through God’s Word. Along the way you’ll meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly, you’ll grow closer in your relationship with God.
Here’s a quick tour through the features:
Includes the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) that is perfect for children learning to read and explore the Bible for the first time on their own.

My Two Cents


From its hologram cover to its perfect choice of words, this Bible is all about kids connecting with God's Word!  I was truly impressed with both the layout and the organization of this Bible.  It is also aesthetically pleasing, with illustrations and fonts that are appealing to kids, but not "babyish," as my swell girl says!

Features I love:


Live it!
"It is important to read and memorize God's Word.  But what really counts is living it, letting the Bible affect how you work, play, and live.  'Live it!' tells you what the Bible has to say about your life RIGHT NOW!


Did You Know?

"This feature points out many of the interesting, small facts that are found in the Bible.  Learn them all and wow your parents, teachers, and friends with your Bible knowledge."


Other fun features include Words to Treasure, People In Bible Times, Life In Bible Times, and Book Introdutions.  There are also more common features like a subject index, dictionary, charts, and maps.


Now that I've read the Adventure Bible, I know why she wanted one.  They are so much easier to read for kids!  This particular version is intended for early readers.  The goal for me on the Bible (and any book that supports the Word) isn't to advance my child's reading skills or vocabulary--though that inevitably happens--but to develop a love of God's Word.


Labels: ,