6 Supporting Characters that Deserve Their Own Book


6 supporting characters that deserve their own book #kidlit

There will always be characters that haunt us.  There will always be those that we want to know much more about...but what about those characters who never fully step into our view?  The ones that make us want to know them and the mean ole' authors that keep them just out of our grasp?!  

This one is for those guys!!  



Nest #middlegrade #kidlit

Joey
Nest



Ok, this boy just stole my heart.  Tough on the outside, good as gold on the inside.  I would love to know more about him and to see what goes on behind closed doors in his less than happy home.

My Review of Nest

Boy + Bot #picturebook #kidlit #robot

Bot
Boy + Bot



I have been pretty vocal about my love of Ame Dyckman, I know!  And here yet another shout out!  I love these fun characters.  I think it would be cool to see a little more from my favorite robot!



Saving CeeCee Honeycutt #middlegrade #kidlit

Thelma Rae Goodpepper
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt



This book was a wonderful, quick read.  But just because it was short doesn't mean the author skimped on character development.  I LOVED the supporting characters!



Copper Magic #middlegrade #kidlit

Miss Nadia & Mrs. Agosa
Copper Magic



This book was so interesting.  And I loved the different cultures, beliefs, and socio-economic backgrounds of the characters.

My Review of Copper Magic


Counting by 7s #middlegrade #kidlit

Mai Nguyen
Counting by 7's


LOVED THIS BOOK! I would love to know more about Mai's life, as she has her own set of struggles.

My Review of Counting by 7's



Rump #rumplestiltskin #middlegrade #kidlit #bookclub

Red
Rump



I loved Jack as a supporting character, and he has his own book coming out in April. Ok, this is kind of a cheat--I totally want to know more about Red, but I also happen to know that I will get to soon!!  eeek!

My Review of Rump


So what about you?  Any amazing supporting character you can't get out of your mind?




Thanks to the Broke & the Bookish for inspiring this post!

Labels: , ,